Category Archives: Snow Squad Dispatches
First let me apologize for the gap between posts. Whether it was settling in back home, the holidays, getting caught up in the ski season, starting a new job, or just the hustle & bustle that comes with everyday life this blog got pushed to the back burner. But not to worry, Denver and Colorado still have plenty to offer and I have certainly been keeping busy. Speaking of keeping busy, here is just a sampling of some of the stories I’ve written for Vail Resort’s Snow Squad Blog.
- I got to interview a Mountain Ambassador from Breckenridge
- I tested out all sorts of new ski gear, including Helly Hansen outwear, Maui Jim sunglasses, and Smartwool ski socks.
- I enjoyed some wonderful festivities in the high country, celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, Fat Tuesday, MLK weekend, and New Year’s.
- I confessed that I’m a chairlift chatterbox and discussed why it’s a good thing.
- I discovered the joys of Beaver Creek Resort for the first time, and continued my love for Summit County ski areas Keystone, Breckenridge, and A-Basin.
- I handed out tips and pointers to deal with Spring skiing conditions, where to relax, and where to watch the sun set over the Rockies.
- I got to see some high-flying action at the Winter Dew Tour, as well as beautiful ice and snow structures at the Ice Castles in Silverthorne.
- I shared some of my favorite EpicMix Pins, as well 10 great outdoor activities perfect for winter.
Now as winter fades away, spring continues in full swing, and summer is coming up on our doorstep, make sure to stay tuned as I’ll have plenty of ideas for events to visit, places to eat, vistas to see, and things to do all around Denver and the surrounding areas. Cheers!
Now that November is upon us the mountains are starting to accumulate snow and open their doors for those excited for the season. Denverites are no exception and next time you’re looking for something wonderful to spend the weekend on, consider a trip to the high country to get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown living. You could hit the slopes, take a walk through the picturesque mountain towns, or simply curl up in a cozy mountain cabin with a good book.
If you’ve read some of my earlier posts you’ll know that I am part of Vail Resorts 2011-2012 Sprint Snow Squad blog team; a group of dedicated men and women who tirelessly keep readers up to date with anything and everything related to skiing in Colorado (more specifically at Vail Resorts). Since I started working in late October I’ve had the pleasure to attend some pretty amazing events, including the A-Basin’s Halloween weekend, which was filled with all kinds of crazy, silly, and scary costumes. Just recently I got to attend the 2011 Colorado Ski and Snowboard Expo at the Colorado Convention Center downtown, and it was a blast! Every resort you could imagine was there, as well as great deals on equipment, apparel and winter gear for the upcoming ski season. If you want to see either of those event’s in detail please click here to go to Buzz.snow.com’s Photo Gallery website.
Last but not least, I published a dispatch on the great early season lodging deals at Breckenridge and Keystone this upcoming year. Some include fantastic giveaways like free Epic Passes, free Ipads, free Camelbacks, and free night’s stays…many of which can be used anytime during the season! But hurry, they don’t call them “Early Season” deals for nothing as most need to be purchased/booked by the end of this week. So what are you waiting for? Check it out at http://buzz.snow.com/members/Chris-Yonushewski/default.aspx?cmpid=SOC00407